Interbio is a European transnational cooperation program joint financed by
INTERREG IVB South West Europe designed
to contribute to "The promotion of innovation and the setting up of long lasting cooperative networks in the technology field" (SUDOE’s priority 1).
The Interbio project seeks to become a South West European benchmark cluster in life sciences.
The project goals are :
Scientists, students, engineers and companies from the Toulouse, Barcelona, Valencia, Lisbon and Bordeaux regions are invited to participate in this interdisciplinary network.
- To promote transnational interdisciplinary research par excellence in biology / health, bringing together a selection of benchmark clusters in the SUDOE plan.
- To develop a strong policy dedicated towards the development and shared use of technology platforms for the life sciences field, with the long and medium term objective being to set up a long lasting cooperative network.
- To expand and facilitate public / private partnerships, seeking to reduce hindrances to potential partnerships, with an ongoing concern for the transferability of results to companies, particularly SME, start-ups and spin-offs in the biotechnologies and health sector.
The founding members are :
- Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse - UPS (Midi-Pyrénées - France) : leader (www.ups-tlse.fr)
- Fundación Privada BioRegió de Catalunya - BIOCAT (Catalonia - Spain), (www.biocat.cat)
- Institut Européen de Chimie et Biologie - IECB (Aquitaine - France), (www.iecb.u-bordeaux.fr)
- Institut de Technologie Chimique et Biologique - ITQB (Lisbon - Portugal), (www.itqb.unl.pt)
- Fundación de la Comunidad Valenciana para la Innovación Urbana y Economía del Conocimiento - FIVEC (Valencia - Spain), (www.fivec.org).