The Université Paul Sabatier (UPS), leader of the Interbio project, is by scale one of the largest French universities. It is a component of the Pôle de Recherche et d’Enseignement Supérieur (PRES) (the research and higher education cluster) of the Université de Toulouse, which has a total of 110,000 students and more than 5000 public researchers.
The UPS boasts a strong research potential to answer :
- the challenges of ultimately understanding matter and living things
- key societal problems
- technological and industrial requirements
The teams involved in Interbio work at the interface of several disciplines : biology, bio-technologies, pharmacology, nanotechnologies and IT for the health sector.
The Interbio project involves a number of key entities from Toulouse in the fields of life and health sciences :
- the life sciences research potential of the Université Paul Sabatier in association with the main public research bodies CNRS, INSERM, INRA and the medical sector
- le Genotoul, a network of infrastructures (advanced instrumentation) in life sciences : 12 technology platforms looking at genomes.
- the cluster (Pôle de compétitivité) Cancer-Bio-Health, which brings together public and private laboratories (230 industrial ones).
The launch of Interbio is occurring at a time when a significant part of Toulouse's research potential in the bio-health sector, particularly cancer, is coming together in a technological park, the Toulouse Cancer Campus. This science and technological park will host, alongside the industrial pharmacologist Sanofi-Aventis and the Pierre Fabre Laboratory, to the Institut Avancé des Sciences du Vivant (ITAV), a university cancer clinic, incubators and spaces reserved for multi-disciplinary teams(…)
Click here to see the contacts of UPS Toulouse