Biocat is the organization that coordinates dynamizes and promotes biotechnology, biomedicine and medical technology sector in Catalonia.
It is fostered by the Government of Catalonia and the Barcelona City Council and, since it was created in 2006, has included companies and organizations from this sector in its governing bodies.
Biocat works to achieve the following goals :
- Facilitate relationships and synergies among members of the BioRegion of Catalonia.
- Drive the sector to make it an economic engine in this country.
- Promote the sector on an international level.
- Improve the public’s knowledge and perception of biotechnology.
For the INTERBIO project, BIOCAT will mobilise among its key players :
- The Parc Científic de Barcelone (PCB), an initiative of the University of Barcelone with three strands: research, innovation and technology. The PCB has three research centres, more than 45 companies, a company start-up centre and technological platforms providing R&D support in the emerging sectors of chemistry, pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies and nanotechnologies
- The Parc de Recerca UAB (PRUAB), whose aim is to stimulate and improve technology and knowledge transfer activities of its members, to promote entrepreneurship activity through new technology-based companies and, in general, to provide interaction between research and industry.
Click here to see the contacts of BIOCAT Barcelona